The concert fits onto 3 CD's but has some bonus material from the same date on CD 4.
It's a shame the show ends right before "Heartbreaker" finishes because Jimmy Page is playing some super cool sounding Spanish guitar type of thing I have never heard him play before. It would have been great to have heard where it all wound up going. The show is not 100% complete but the cuts are few and this is the most complete copy of the show I have heard. It is close to complete too.
(1) Source 1 AUD Master Cassette > CD-R > ?? > FLAC > CD-R (2) > EAC (secure mode/offset corrected) > WAV > Sound Forge (to edit clicks between tracks) > shntool (to align sector boundaries) > FLAC 7 > Presence's Tracker > dBPowerAMP > WAV (thanks to ZEP77)
(2) Source 2 SB master reel (unverified) > DAT > Presence's Server > dBPowerAMP > WAV (thanks to Presence)
(3) Source 3 AUD cassette > Type I Cassette > X-Fi > Clean! > WaveLab > FLAC > dBPowerAMP > WAV (thanks to sean_the_bootlegger)
(4) Source 4 AUD 2nd Gen Cassette > VHS Hi-Fi >X-Fi > WaveLab > FLAC > dBPowerAMP > WAV (thanks to sean_the_bootlegger)
(5) then > Audacity (speed correcting, merging & matrixing) > WAV > FLAC Frontend > FLAC 8 >
(6) me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you
Source 1: AUD master
Source 2: SB unverified master
Source 3: AUD unknown Gen. (read below)
Source 4: AUD 3rd Gen (read below)
Source 4 seems to be from the same taper than source 3 (same cuts, same crowd noises), but it's a very different generation tape and it's a bit more complete.
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: June 11th, 1977
Location: New York, New York
Venue: Madison Square Garden
Title: Four Source Merge
Source: AUD/SB (Sources 1, 2, 3, and 4)
CD's: 4 (3 CD just for the show)
Size: 1.33 GB
101. The Song Remains The Same
102. Sick Again
103. Nobody's Fault But Mine
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. No Quarter
201. Ten Years Gone
202. The Battle Of Evermore
203. Going To California
204. Black Country Woman
205. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
206. White Summer
301. Over The Top
302. Jimmy Page (violin bow guitar solo)
303. Achilles Last Stand
304. Stairway To Heaven
CD 4 (Bonus/Read Notes):
401. No Quarter
402. Ten Years Gone
403. The Battle Of Evermore
CD 4 Notes (copy & paste):
These three tracks are from the audience sources only (source 1 and a 30" snippet of the source 3 in NQ), speed corrected. It can be inverted with the 3 matrixed tracks, it will match with the previous/next tracks. This is mostly for those who wouldn't like the matrix, in my opinion the audience is more enjoyable than the dry soundboard.
(1) 1977-06-11 New York, NY (AUD/SB/4 Source Mix)
(2) 1977-06-11 New York, NY (AUD/SB/4 Source Mix)
Some of the recording sounds superb and some sounds just good. But overall, I think the majority of this show sounds excellent. There is matrixing done with the audio too and I think that is what gives the audio the extra kick and live sound rather than just hearing these different sources independently. There is a source where you can hear the tapers (presumably), a guy and a girl, talking in a lower volume during some songs on CD 2. But the music is so crisp and clean at these acoustic points that it really doesn't mess anything up and sort of adds to the ambiance of the live experience I think.
I'm still not sure who did this project and the text file I had on it was ruined by me or possibly never had the right information in it. I cannot be sure. But it is very fortunate that I did a copy and paste of the website, which was Dime, back when I got this recording in 2011. It has all of the needed information and breakdowns of the audio and what was used when and where. I have always made either copy and paste Word documents (in the past) of sent e-mails to myself (since around 2011) to make sure I know where I got a recording from and for information in case I need to download it again or the text file did not explain things well. I had a hard time finding this Word document but fortunately I finally found it. It is enclosed in this download for you to see additional information.
The best sounding parts of the show are from the beginning through near the end of "Kashmir" where the sources 3 and 4 start being used. The sound picks up and gets much better again around Jimmy Page's violin bow solo and on through the rest of the show.
I hope you enjoy the show...
THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY! NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE. THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.
KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!