Sunday, August 2, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1970-08-31 Milwaukee, WI (FLAC_AUD Master_1 CD)

This show, originally scheduled for 1970-08-27, was postponed a few days due to illnesses within the band.  The original artwork on flyers, tickets, etc show the August 27th date too.

I've had two master tape transfers of this show for a long, long time but have never gotten around to uploading either.  There is the KRW_Co transfer and then the Presence transfer, both being very nice transfers, and I have decided on sharing the Presence transfer this time.  I like the higher notes being more present in that transfer.  Each has their bonus feature over it's competing transfer as usual.  But overall, the Presence transfer seems a little brighter in the high frequencies and is just a tad bit cleaner sounding to me.  Maybe I'll share the KRW_Co transfer on its 45th anniversary at the end of this month?

LINEAGE:
Master tape > DAT > SHN > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: August 31st, 1970
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Venue: Milwaukee Arena

Title: None

Label: Presence
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 324 MB
Length: 53:51:18

SETLIST:

01. Immigrant Song
02. Heartbreaker
03. Dazed And Confused
04.
Bring It On Home
05. That's The Way
06. Bron-Tr-Aur
07.
Since I've Been Loving You

LINK:
(1) 1970-08-31 Milwaukee, WI (AUD Master/Presence)


"I don't care what people say, rock and roll is here to stay.  I don't care if this is true, I'm gonna leave it up to you" is one of my favorite quotes and versions from Robert Plant as he sings these lyrics (ever changing too by the way) during "Dazed and Confused".

The recording is not without flaws of course and there are even a few cuts in songs like "Bron-Yr-Aur".  Maybe they were tape flips or something?  But this is actually an excellent recording overall and especially for a 1970 audience recording.  Personally, I love the sound.  But to other audiophiles this one would be more likely to fit into the "great" category in my ratings possibly?  It has its clean moments with very easy to hear musical instruments as well as Robert Plant's vocals too.  But there are points of distortion also.  They are not where one might expect them either in most cases.  You might think that the beginning of "Dazed and Confused" would be distorted due to the heavier bass from John Paul Jones.  But you'd be wrong because it isn't the case.

Any die hard Zeppelin collector should be able to enjoy this show with no problems I'd guess.  I'm going to burn this copy I'm uploading today to disc since I have never done that yet and give it a listen through the home theater setup as soon as I can get the uploaded started.  But through the Bose PC speakers, I'm loving what I hear!

Oh yeah, and on a side note, Jimi Hendrix was playing his gig in Stockholm, Sweden on this same day day as this Milwaukee Led Zeppelin show was being performed too.  And a video of part of the Hendrix gig was recently shared (and I got it of course) also.  Plus, it was a year ago to the day (1969-08-31) when Led Zeppelin was finishing up their North American gigs but fit in their Lewisville, Texas (Dallas area) show at the Texas International Pop Festival.  What a great day historically in rock and roll (which is here to stay) August 31st was in 1969 and 1970!

I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment