Monday, March 16, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1973-03-16 Vienna, Austria (FLAC_AUD Source 3 Master_48/16_2 CD)

I am so glad today is the 42nd anniversary of this (in my mind) excellent-to-superb recording!  I can't remember how long ago I got it and really don't want to spend the time researching my e-mails to find out.  But I have never put this one to disc yet and I am doing so today.  I've heard the show many times, but just not this source 3 copy of it.  This is an incredible recording of the source 3 audience master tapes.

Originally sourced and torrented by "Bobby Plant", and then revised by "pernod" on 2012-03-23, this recording is a very clean sounding capture of an superbly played Led Zeppelin show.  And I believe it is a recording that slips under the radar many times due to lesser sounding copies out there of other sources shared by labels that have done such things as EQ the show badly.

This clean source 3 recording is in 48 kHz/16 bit audio files.  The CD standard is 44.1 kHz/16 bit (or 44/16), but most players and CD burning software knows to convert the 48/16 files over to 44/16 as they add them to discs.  And if your software doesn't do this, leave me a comment and I'll point you towards a great Windows CD burning program that will do it automatically.

LINEAGE:
(1) Sony microphones > reel-to-reel recorder > UHER Report > master > DAT (1) > PC > Nero 7 > video files (from 48/16 DVD-A) >
(2) Additional Lineage: DVD-A files > DVD Audio Extractor >WAV (48/16) > Adobe Audition 3.0.1 (appending WAV files & 103.6 stretch) > WAV (48/16) > tracked with CD Wave Editor > FLAC Frontend (to encoded, tag, and verify) > FLAC 8 >
(3)
me > TLH > WAV > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: March 16th, 1973
Location: Vienna, Austria
Venue:
Stadthalle
Title: None

Label: Bobby Plant (transferred) & pernod Revised
Source: AUD (Source 3 Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (not an exact match Gusto copy)
Size: 630 MB
Length: 128:02:576

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Over The Hills And Far Away
103. Black Dog
104. Misty Mountain Hop
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. Dancing Days
107. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
108. The Song Remains The Same
109. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Whole Lotta Love
204. Heartbreaker


LINK:
(1) 1973-03-16 Vienna, Austria (AUD Source 3 Master)


This is such a clean audience recording that I almost like it better than the audience/soundboard mix copies.  The crowd is very quiet too.  Jimmy Page's guitar and Robert Plant's vocals are so clean and sharp sounding and the rest of the band can be heard clean and fine as well.  The clean and sharp sound is why I am rating this one so highly.  You really have to check this show out.

Page plays some really "heart felt" guitar too in this show.  I love the "Stairway To Heaven" solo in this show also.

I plan to upload the three sources audience/soundboard mix and matrix Winston Remasters copy Danke Vienna later today if I have time.  Winston knocked his excellent work right out of the park on that remaster job.

I uploaded EVSD's Happiness Is A War Gun last year, but the upcoming copy of Winston Remasters three sources project is an improvement in the audience/soundboard copies I've got.

The artwork I am including in this "pernod Revised" copy being uploaded is from the Gusto "label" which is really seeming to not really be a label as much as it it seems to be a label added to artwork someone makes for some Led Zeppelin shows.  It doesn't mention the 48/24 audio but mentions an "alternate source" on the back and I do think it is referring to the "Bobby Plant" source 3 audio.  But it is not referring to the "pernod Revision" copy being shared.  I cannot say this for sure, but I think it is the case.  I mention this because I ask and hope you will also state this information too if you share this upload I am making with the artwork enclosed in it.

I highly recommend getting both of these 1973-03-16 shows I upload today (hopefully) because both are excellent-to-superb sounding to me and I base that solely on how much I personally enjoy the sound, performance, and mix.  Each copy is the same show, but each copy has a completely different sound of its on and each uses different sources too.  I do not see what I'm uploading now (source 3) being mentioned or used in the Winston Remasters audience/soundboard project either even though sometimes the "source" information does not always natch in each copy of a show and it can get confusing at times.

I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr



SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment