Thursday, March 19, 2015

Feist: 2005-03-19 Austin, TX (FLAC_AUD_1 CD)

This performance from 10 years ago today is probably the shortest (or one of) performances I'll ever upload.  It is only one track and that's because the artist I like sat in with a band named Kings of Convenience for just one acoustic song (track 10 in the band's set which I did not download).  The sound is excellent-to-superb too (especially when she starts singing).

The song she sat in on was a song she did live in a September 2005 concert later in the year too.  I don't know if the Kings of Convenience wrote the song or if someone else did.  But hearing Feist, in the DVD I uploaded here years ago called The Trabendo Sessions, blows this version away.  She really improved on the song when she did it herself.

This sit in was at Austiin's South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival.  SXSW is a yearly event and it was going on last week and may still be going on now.  Friends of mine played there last week and I was planning on going and recording and photographing their gig.  But after never hearing from any of them leading up to the show, I didn't.

LINEAGE:
Unknown 9likely a master digital source) >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, amplify by 1.5 db, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Feist
Date: March 19th, 2005
Location: Austin, Texas
Venue: Antone's
Event: South By Southwest (SXSW)

Title: None

Label: None
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 24.6 MB
Length: 4:52

SETLIST:
10. The Buildup

LINK:
(1) 2005-03-19 Austin, TX (AUD)


I love Feist's vocals so much.  She has a range and sound, as well as great lyrics in songs too, that can reach deep inside of me.  To me, she's the female version of a Steve Perry as far as vocals and range go.

I wish this had been a concert by her instead of a sit in song.  But I'm not sure she even played at the festival on this specific year?  A lot of artist not performing still go to the festival.  And a ton of artist perform as well with stages all over Austin that range from indoor clubs and rooms to outdoor venues.  And as long as I've been around, I have still never been able to go see a single SXSW event and may never get to since I cannot drive (due to my vision...or lack of it).

John Paul Jones played SXSW too in 2000 just a few days after the Fort Worth show I uploaded the other day.  I may have uploaded that SXSW show here already too in the past?  Had I known I'd be legally blind shortly after the next year's SXSW festival, I'd have made at least a few of them and done some recordings too.

Actually, I just did a little research and discovered that Feist did play the festival in 2005 on May 7th according to the Austin Chronicle.  So there is likely a recording out there of this show I have never come across (especially since it was about 2007 before I first heard of her).

I hope you enjoy the song...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment