Sunday, February 15, 2015

Page & Plant: 1996-02-15 Osaka, Japan (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Today is the 19th anniversary of the first of two Osaka Page and Plant concerts near the end of their No Quarter tour in 1996.  This is also the seventh Japan concert out of the ten they played closing out the tour and it is discs 13 and 14 out of the 20 CD Hoochie Coochie label box set.

Thank goes to "Amduscia" for the EAC ripping and sharing of his silver CD's of all ten days of shows with us!

LINEAGE:
Hoochie Coochie silvers > EAC > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Page & Plant
Date: February 15th, 1996
Location: Osaka, Japan
Venue: Castle Hall

Title: 10 Days

Label: Hoochie Coochie
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 703 MB
Length: 132:00:51

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. opening
102. Custard Pie
103. Bring It On Home
104. Heartbreaker
105. What Is And What Should Never Be
106. hurdy gurdy instrument solo
107. Gallows Pole
108. Wonderful One
109. Going To California
110. Ten Years Gone
111. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

112. Whole Lotta Love

CD 2:
201. Tea For One
202. Friends
203. Yallah
204. Four Sticks
205. Kashmir
206. Black Dog
207. Rock And Roll


LINK:
(1) 1996-02-15 Osaka, Japan (AUD/Hoochie Coochie CD's 13-14)

This is another superb sounding show and a more heavy rocking one I think too.  Jimmy Page is doing a lot of ad-lib guitar playing on the fly, just like in the old days, in the specific concert.  And Robert Plant is singing a lot more Led Zeppelin sounding this night too.

For those who have been collecting the live shows and recordings of Led Zeppelin over the years, you'll hear what I am talking about in reference to it sounding more Led Zeppelin like on this night.  You know how the songs were played through the years in Led Zeppelin and this night has a lot of the "old Zeppelin" styles of playing as well as some specific playing from years in the past.  Even a song Page and Plant played a lot, like "Heartbreaker" or "What Is And What Should Never Be", sounds much more 1970's oriented in this show than like a normal night of Page and Plant playing it.

The previous show in Tokyo, the 1996-02-13 show, Page and Plant played a lot more mellow songs and in a more mellow style.  But this first night in Osaka, they're rocking out a lot more and they still have the great mellow songs like "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" too.  This is a superb sounding show as well as a superb performance from everyone involved in the concert.

The new song for this night is "Wonderful One" and I don't think it had been played in any of the Japan shows in the previous six days.  Robert Plant introduces "Wonderful One" by simply saying "Here's a new song."  And I'm really glad "Ten Years Gone" was put back in too.  I've always loved that song.  After all, in years past we were told that is was a song about "the first love, the one you never forget."  And it really is even though it seems like it has been ten decades gone today!

The sample video below is from the 2 DVD LPCM audio Third Eye Productions remastered release a few years ago.  It is NOT the audio from this Hoochie Coochie 2 disc recording being shared here.  I'm just using it as a sample of the music I'm talking about as well as a glimpse into this night's show nineteen years ago.

Since nobody responded to my post when I mentioned I'd upload the DVD's for a show or two if anyone wanted them or asked for any of them, well, I'm not going through the work and time it takes to upload them then.  You can still let me know and I'll be happy to upload whatever when I have time later on.

I'm having troubles embedding the same video I posted on YouTube into this post for some reason.  So I'll just post the link to it on YouTube instead of wasting any more time.  I added the extra text at the beginning of the video and it's not on the original video.  Here's the YouTube link:.

YouTube Sample (not this audio source!!!)

Be sure to check out and join my new Facebook page.  And leave me some comments too.  If you have a show you want to hear, ask for it.  Or if you have a question you want to ask, if you're new to the hobby and aren't sure what to do, or if you just want to chat with like minded collectors and fans, come on over and join in.  You can find BBBB
on Facebook here: Bootradr's Blind Boot Blog

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!









1 comment:

  1. Dude I can't believe I found this. I'm a huge fan of the Page & Plant tours. I first saw the concert in Toronto 1995 and then in Tokyo about a year later while I was on a business trip there. I remember seeing them again sometime after than back in Toronto - memory is a little foggy now. Dude I would LOVE to see your videos if they have decent audio quality. Please tell me how to view them! Doug

    ReplyDelete