Friday, February 6, 2015

Page & Plant: 1996-02-06 Tokyo, Japan (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Today is the 19th anniversary of this superb Page and Plant show.  This is their second night on their Japanese leg of the No Quarter tour as they played their last 10 dates.  And we have them all.

Thanks goes to "Amduscia" for the EAC rips of his silver CD's and the sharing of them with us.

I've been able to gather some low resolution, embeded artwork from a site that had it (but didn't want to let us get it) using some software that grabs it anyhow.  Some dates did not have complete discs 1 and 2 scans however.  So I'm still looking for some good, high resolution scans of the artwork if you can help.  I'll add what I've been able to gather from a few locations meanwhile.  There was no back artwork available for CD 2 on this show.

LINEAGE:
Hoochie Coochie silvers > EAC > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Page & Plant
Date: February 6th, 1996
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Venue: Budokan Hall

Title: 10 Days

Label: Hoochie Coochie
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (partial)
Size: 725 MB
Length: 120:59:18

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
102. Bring It On Home
103. Heartbreaker
104. Thank You
105. Gallows Pole
106. hurdy gurdy instrument solo
107. Nobody's Fault But Mine
108. Going To California
109. Since I've Been Loving You
110. Dancing Days
111. Yallah
112. Four Sticks

CD 2:
201. In The Evening
202. Kashmir
203. Tangerine
204. Whole Lotta Love
205. Rock And Roll


LINK:
(1) 1996-02-06 Tokyo, Japan (AUD/Hoochie Coochie CD's 3-4)


I like the way the band changes up the setlist each night.  Robert Plant even mentions this during this show.  I still wish they had not changed up songs like "Nobody's Fault But Mine" to sound so different than it did in the Led Zeppelin days.  It is the "no Quarter" (see previous 1996-02-05 post) song for this show I guess.  There still seems to be too much Middle Eastern music for my taste in the music.  But it phases out, especially in the 1998 tour, and the band still sounds great on this night in Tokyo.  By the time  they they finish their last show in Japan on 1996-02-20, the band was sounding more Led Zeppelin like than they had since 1980.

Some of these nights in the 1996 Japan tour were filmed and I have videos of them.  I've uploaded the 1996-02-13 DVD in the past I am pretty sure.  And I likely have uploaded the audio for at least another date or two in this same tour here on my site too.  But I haven't uploaded this 20 CD set or any part of it I know.  As I come across the dates, and if I have time, I'll also upload some DVD's of the concerts too.  Most, if not all, are filmed and produced by Third Eye and are really excellent recordings.  As far as I can recall, none of them are anything less than excellent.

Keep a lookout for the 1996-02-08 (they didn't play on 1996-02-07) Tokyo show tomorrow.  I may upload it a day early since I may be busy this weekend.  I still have a Led Zeppelin show to add today.  I have already uploaded a different label's copy of it here in the past in case anything interferes with me getting it uploaded this morning.  It is the 1975-02-06 Montreal, Canada show and it sounds excellent too!

I hope you enjoy this show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment