Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1977-06-21 Inglewood, CA (FLAC_AUD 1st Gen Remaster_3 CD)


NOTE: I recommend unzipping this one in a very short folder name because the unzipped folder name I used is a long one!

This show was requested by a friend along with a couple more.  I accidentally uploaded a copy with no "The Song Remains The Same" and this is the re-upload of the same recording but with "The Song Remains The Same" in it.

This is the Winston Remasters copy of the Mike Millard recorded Led Zeppelin show on 1977-06-21 at The Forum in Inglewood, California.  The previous copy I'd uploaded was this same two source mix too.  But the second source is barely used to just to fill some short gaps in the Millard recording.  The second source is an unknown generation or information source that you will notice when it gets used.  It is not anywhere close to the Millard quality sound.

Mike Millard recordings are some of the very best audience recording there are in my opinion.  He recorded a lot of bands but his favorite was Led Zeppelin and he gave us some masterpieces before his passing away in the early 1990's.

And Winston Remasters are some of my favorites too.  He seems to have not only the knowledge of how to work with audio correctly but also the ability to make the best remasters in my opinion.  Almost all Winston Remasters are better than other copies by label or fan remasters as far as I am concerned.  I didn't say "all" were, but definitely most of his projects exceed and come out the best sounding I believe.

LINEAGE:
(1) (Source 1) 1st Gen Cassette > remaster>FLAC & Source 2 analog unknown Gen > DAT > remaster > FLAC ("Ten Years Gone" snippet only)
(2) Transferred 1st Gen Maxell XLII 90 tapes > Nak BX300 > Echo Mia Soundcard > Samplitude Professional 7.2 @ 48/24, speed corrected, slight hiss reduction (using noise samples from each cassette) > down sampled to 44/16 using Soundforge 6 Pro with anti-alias >  Samplitude Pro 7.2 with WAV plugins used for EQ & dynamics @ 24bit used to enhance the sound > dithered to 16 bit with POW-R WAV > FLAC > WAV > Cool Edit Pro 2.1 > WAV > FLAC >
(3)
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align sector boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: June 21st, 1977
Location: Inglewood, California
Venue: The Forum

Title: Mike The Mike 6.21.77

Label: Winston Remasters/Mike Millard (taper)
Source: AUD (1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: Yes
Size: 1.20 GB
Length: 196:35:64

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101.
The Song Remains The Same
102. Sick Again
103. Nobody's Fault But Mine
104. Over The Hills And Far Away
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. No Quarter

CD 2:
201. Ten Years Gone
202. The Battle Of Evermore
203. Going To California)
204. Black Country Woman
205. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

206. While Summer
207. Black Mountain Side
208. Kashmir

209. Over The Top (Moby Dick)

CD 3:
301. Heartbreaker
302. Jimmy Page (violin bow guitar solo)
303. Achilles Last Stand
304. Stairway To Heaven
305. Whole Lotta Love
306. Rock And Roll


LINK:
(1) 1977-06-21 Inglewood, CA (AUD 1st Gen/Winston Remaster)
(2) 1977-06-21 Inglewood, CA (AUD 1st Gen/Winston Remaster)


Here is some additional information from Winston Remasters that I am doing a copy and paste of:

--------------------

Winston's Notes:
"I was contacted last summer by an FBO member named Wayne Catalde. He let me know that he had the cassettes and I was welcome to remaster them for a future tree as his way of giving back to the Zep Community. I was honoured to do so. I know many of you Zep fans probably have half a dozen versions of this historic show. The story behind these cassettes is what makes this so special to me. From the local tape shop were Mike bought his blanks. A person working there noticed this same guy coming in and buying up big amounts of blanks. He asked what they were for and Millard told him that he taped concerts.  They became friends and made a deal, Free blanks for Mike's taped shows.

I have listened to a lot of "low gen" sources for this show. They all have "Millard Markings" most common are cuts during No Quarter & the Guitar solo. Those 2 songs are complete. Mike would also put in pulse channel dropouts after his tape flips & and would put silent spots on some of the songs. I guess that is how he kept track of his trades. These are clean from those "Markings" and they are the best-sounding of all the low gen versions I have heard.

I want to thank Wayne for letting me remaster this show.
"

--------------------

So here we have it.  Millard's unmarked first generation tapes sound superb without any remastering too, but with the Winston Remasters work they sound even better.  I've compared each of the Millard recordings that surfaced a few years ago with the work Winston Remasters has done on the Millard first generation unmarked tapes, and he has definitely made improvements to all of them he has worked on.  They are superb sounding.

I hope you enjoy this show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



4 comments:

  1. Hi bootradr, thanks for the Giuffria albuquerque show,can you post the others you have if they are lossless, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a few shows to post first, but I will move them over to my "Request" folder and will be happy too. I was just looking at some of those shows two days ago too. Sorry for the late replies on the previous threads I'd missed the comments in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, no problem I really appreciate you taking the time to post them as you do not really see much from them anywhere in the blogsphere and do not worry about late replies,you have been doing us the favor of sharing all this great music for awhile,thanks bootradr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the Part 1 link is DOA again so I'm re-uploading it overnight...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete