Friday, February 6, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1975-02-07 New York, NY (FLAC_AUD 1st Gen Source 2_2 CD)

Well, being just about an hour away from this show's 40th birthday; I decided to go ahead and upload it rather than wait.  After all, there only about a million more to go!

Other than the very irritating voice of Artie and friends talking throughout parts of the show as they stay stoned and obnoxious, this is an excellent recording.  Had the stoned taper and his stoned friend  not been such blabbermouths, we'd have a much more enjoyable and professional sounding audience recording here.  I still love it and the fact we got it.  But I imagine we'd have even more of it had Artie concentrated on taping over toking.

LINEAGE:
1st Gen tape > DAT (3) > Goldwave (for re-sampling and track splitting) > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: February 7th, 1975
Location: New York, New York
Venue: Madison Square Garden

Title: None

Label: Artie
Source: AUD (1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (may or may not be specific to this 1st Gen copy)
Size: 538 MB
Length: 108:58:38

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Sick Again
103. Over The Hills And Far Away
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. The Song Remains The Same
106. The Rain Song
107. Kashmir

108. No Quarter

CD 2:

201. Trampled Underfoot
202. Moby Dick
203. Dazed And Confused
204. Stairway To Heaven


LINK:
(1) 1975-02-07 New York, NY (AUD 1st Gen/Artie)


I'm not sure what happened in this show that caused Artie to only get about two minutes of "Dazed and Confused" taped or what may have happened to cause him to not get anything after "Stairway to Heaven" either.  The same goes for why "Stairway to Heaven" cuts out just as Jimmy Page is seconds from starting his guitar solo in it and then returns to taping after the song is over and the firecrackers are going off while Artie and friends yell loudly.  But I have my ideas.I really think this Artie guy just wanted his voice to be heard on his tapes as if it added something to them.

I guess I should concentrate on being happy we have the recording.  I know there is a source 1 recording, and hopefully from another taper, that exists.  A lot of these Madison Square garden shows had multiple tapers resulting in multiple sources that have surfaced.  This really wasn't so much a New York thing as it was a worldwide thing with live Led Zeppelin shows.  But at this time, I do not seem to have source 1.  So I am going to search for it and see what I can find.  It may be a superb recording or it may be horrible.  I just do not know right now.  And there may even be other sources too for all I know because I haven't done a lot of researching into this specific show before.

Well, while this show was uploading I went and found the source 1 and source 2 (this recording) mix done by "pernod" in the past.  I'm getting it right now and will check it out very soon.  It definitely is a more complete show with the rest of the concert after "Stairway to Heaven" as well as the rest of "Stairway to Heaven" amd "Dazed and Confused" patched with the source 1 recording.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed source 1 is an excellent recording too!

The taper of this upload, Artie, obviously had some good equipment with his recorder and microphone(s) because the sound capture of the band playing is very nice and enjoyable.

I hope you enjoy this show..

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment