Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Journey: 1983-02-24 Osaka, Japan (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is a great sounding show from Journey's concert in Osaka 32 years ago today.  This was their second show I believe on their Japan leg of the band's Frontiers tour in 1983.

I originally got this show with Japanese FLAC files, or more precisely, Japanese text FLAC files.  And that really creates a problem when using programs in English to prepare, check, verify, and even play the files.  But after working on the files for about 90 minutes, I was able to do what needed to be done and convert everything over to English where it works properly now.

This is one of the more rare Journey shows out there.  Today, on the show's 32nd anniversary, I'll be able to listen to a copy of the show for the first time ever myself.  I have burned it to two CD's and I am going to crank it up and experience what I had all but forgotten I had until I found it on my drive today.  And that excites me!

LINEAGE:
No lineage given >
me > manually renamed FLAC tracks first time with numbers > TLH (to strip headers and decode to WAV files through errors) > WAV > Audacity (to import WAV files, name tracks correctly, and export as WAV again...this enabled being able to check and work with files in TLH) > TLH (to align sectors on their boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify an ffp & md5 file) > you

NOTE:
I accidentally titled the show "Faithfull Tonight" in the embedded metadata.

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: February 24th, 1983
Location: Osaka, Japan
Venue: Furitsu-Taikukan

Title: Faithfully Tonight

Label: Trial
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 694 MB
Length: 107:58:24

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Elmo's Theme (opening music)
102. Chain Reaction
103. Wheel In The Sky
104. Line Of Fire
105. Send Her My Love
106. Still They Ride
107. Open Arms
108. No More Lies
109. Back Talk
110. Jonathan Cain (piano solo)
111. Frontiers
112. Rubicon
113. Steve Smith (drum solo)
114. Edge Of The Blade

CD 2:
201. Faithfully
202. Who's Crying Now
203. Don't Stop Believin'
204. Stone In Love
205. Keep On Runnin'
206. Any Way You Want It
207. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
208. Escape
209. After The Fall
210. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'


LINK:
(1) 1983-02-24 Osaka, Japan (AUD)


The show is a great sounding show, however; it is not excellent or superb sounding (yet).  But with some time spent on a good remastering, something I may do soon, this could easily be upgraded to an excellent show I am positive.

UPDATE 1: This show sounds a lot better through the home theater system than I even first realized through the PC.  I really like it.  Some parts are better than others, but it is very enjoyable as I jam out now!

The show does not sound bad at all and you shouldn't worry about that.  The band can be heard fine but the taper sounds like he or she was a little ways away from the stage and the show sounds like it could use a little amplification too.  And there is plenty of room to do this you can easily see when viewing the waveform.  So, keep a lookout for an upgrade sometime soon.

UPDATE 2 (2015-10-18): The better sounding source and remastered copy of this show in the lossless format can now be found HERE


I hope you enjoy this show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey check your link on Osaka japan 3-24-1983 It's coming up under service maintenance..... Been that way all day... thanks so much for these show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know we talked about this one over on the Facebook page I'm pretty sure. Just in case, there is a working link now Danny. And thanks for bringing it to my attention too so I could fix it. FileFactory can be frustrating with the way links drop at times but they still are in business and not closed like many of the other sites I paid and then they got shut down :-)

    I always appreciate the dead link messages so I know what needs fixing... :-)

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete