Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1975-02-12 New York, NY (FLAC_AUD Source 1 Master_3 CD)

This is a spectacular audience recording of the Led Zeppelin concert on 1975-02-12 at Madison Square Garden.  It is the Jerry Moore/FBO source 1 audience recording that rivals a lot of soundboard recordings.  It's a recording you have to hear to believe.

And speaking of soundboards, as most Led Zeppelin collectors already know there is an excellent soundboard recording for this date that surfaced a few years back.  Just about every label has their rendition of it too.  I've uploaded the EVSD and Godfather label copies here in the past.  But if you'd enjoy a superb audience recording of this show, then this is the one for you.

There are other audience sources for this show but none come close to this one.  I've not had any luck getting the Artie recording yet and he's know to get good recordings.  But he's also know to talk during the shows and contaminate the recording.  And I bet he didn't use the same method the taper of this show did to record his copy either.

I like listening to a superb audience of the same show a superb soundboard exists from just as much personally.  It makes for a nice change and view of the show sometimes missed in the soundboard recording.

I've tried some different things in recording shows in an attempt to get the microphone above the crowd heads.  But as you see below, the taper in this case used a pole to extent the microphones about two feet above the crowd heads.  And what a difference that made too.  You got to love it!!!

LINEAGE:
AUD master cassette > DAT > CD-R > SHN >TLH > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

TAPING GEAR:
Sony 152 MC recorder with Sony ECM 33P microphones > Dolby B,Advent chrome C-90 cassettes

TAPING LOCATION & METHOD:
Center row orchestra six rows behind soundboard on pole two feet above head level

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: February 12th, 1975
Location: New York, New York
Venue: Madison Square Garden

Title: Madison Square Garden February 12, 1975

Label: Jerry Moore/FBO
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: Yes (front & center only...see sample below)
Size: 1023 MB (just 1 MB short of 1 GB)
Length: 176:06:36

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. intro
102. Rock And Roll
103. Sick Again
104. Over The Hills And Far Away
105. In My Time Of Dying
106. The Song Remains The Same
107. The Rain Song
108. Kashmir
109. No Quarter

CD 2:
201. intro
202. Trampled Underfoot
203. Moby Dick

204. Dazed And Confused

CD 3:
301. intro
302. Stairway To Heaven
303. Whole Lotta Love

304. Black Dog
305. intro
306. Heartbreaker
307. That's Alright Mama


LINK:
(1) 1975-02-12 New York, NY (AUD Master/Moore & FBO)


I've had this recording for a long time but had never put it to CD-R since I primarily had listened to the soundboards.  In fact, while working on some uploads here the other day I "accidentally" listened to one of the label's soundboard recordings for this show.  I say "accidentally" because I had the three CD-R's labeled as the 1975-02-28 Baton Rouge Rampaging Cajun show and had somehow accidentally burned one of the label's copy of this 1975-02-12 date to the discs instead.  When I heard Plant talking about walking "four blocks in the snow" to get to the venue, I knew they weren't in Baton Rouge.  So I renamed the discs after listening to each of them, put them in a new sleeve, and found my Baton Rouge show and listened to it the following day :-)

Anyhow, getting back on topic here; this recording is one any Zeppelin fan would love.  I'm not sure what the story is with Jerry Moore, but I do know he has passed away since sharing this recording.  Not knowing him personally, but having seen his named mentioned in a number of Led Zeppelin audio shares, I'm not sure if he recorded the show or if he got it first and transferred the master tapes to a DAT machine?  And I imagine the show got more widely circulated via For Badgeholders Only (aka FBO).  
But again, I cannot verify this. 

FBO
was an early Led Zeppelin live shows and unreleased recordings trading group I was a part of up through when I had my eye surgeries and lost most of my vision.  I lost contact with most of my fellow FBO'ers as well as most of my other trading sources too when I had to depart for years until I was able to come back and rejoin the collecting and trading communities as I learned to do things with low vision.  And a lot of e-mail addresses had changed, people were using the internet for trading and sharing and not doing mail trades as much, and a lot of my contacts were lost (as well as the backups) on old PC's that I had upgraded from also.  I have searched inside and outside of those old PC's just this last year for lost files and information.  But as of this time, the materials are still lost and a few of the old PC's aren't exactly working either.

It's a shame we can't say thank you to Jerry Moore today!  But we can still appreciate his work and sharing of this gem and the many others he is credited with through the years too.  And we can all know that his love of Led Zeppelin's music and his generosity is the reason we have this recording I am sharing here today.

I hope you enjoy this show..

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your support on this.
    Look forward to hearing from you soon.
    I’m happy to answer your questions, if you have any.


    คาสิโน

    เล่นบาคาร่า

    คาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your kind invitation. I’ll join you.
    Would you like to play cards?
    Come to the party with me, please.
    See you soon...

    เล่นบาคาร่า

    เล่นบาคาร่า

    เครดิตฟรี

    แจกเครดิตฟรี ฝากถอนง่าย

    ReplyDelete