Friday, January 30, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1973-01-30 Preston, UK (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Today is the 42nd anniversary of this Led Zeppelin show in Preston, UK.  I'm going with the EVSD label copy because it is one of the best sounding copies I have as well as it is more complete.

This is an excellent sounding audience recording of this show.  While the EVSD people did a little audio clipping as they sometimes do, and the other copies I checked had none, this copy from EVSD still sounded better than the other label copy I was considering.  That, and a few other factors led to me picking this copy I am uploading today.

LINEAGE:
EVSD silver CD's > EAC > WAV > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: January 30th, 1973
Location: Preston, United Kingdom
Venue: Guild Hall

Title: Plant's Influenza

Label: EVSD
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Size: 683 MB
Length: 125:09:04

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Over The Hills And Far Away
103. Black Dog
104. Misty Mountain Hop
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. Dancing Days
107. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
108. The Song Remains The Same
109.
The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Whole Lotta Love


LINK:
(1) 1973-01-30 Preston, UK (AUD/EVSD)


I mentioned this show was more complete than some other copies I have.  I have one copy I like the sound of and it is a master source copy too.  But it starts at "Misty Mountain Hop" and ends after "Dazed and Confused".  And the Electric Magic label copy is longer, containing "Stairway to Heaven" and "Whole Lotta Love", but the sound is too "tinny" sounding and it seems more distorted.  This EVSD label copy has all of these songs as well as the beginning three songs of the show which are "Rock and Roll", "Over The Hills and Far Away", and "Black Dog" too.  And the first three tracks sound a little better even though very close to the rest of the show's audio.  I'm guessing it is a different source but I really don't know yet.

I may or may not have some other copies of this show that I haven't sorted through as I've been rearranging the structure of my hard drives.  I seem to recall at least one more copy.  But for now, this EVSD copy is the best sounding and longest running copy with the most songs and I'm going with it today.

I hope you enjoy this show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment