Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Queen: 1977-12-11 Houston, TX (FLAC_SB_2 CD)

This is a excellent Queen recording coming up on its 37th anniversary.  But rather than wait until December 11th to upload it, I'll go ahead and do it now.

This is reportedly a soundboard recording but I wonder if it is sourced from a video of the concert.  I have the concert's video and it is an excellent DVD too.  It seems the lineage of this "soundboard" is really unknown too.  And being that there is the video, it makes sense this recording came from a lossless extraction of the audio from the video.  That type of thing occurs all of the time and is very easy to do.

Either way, soundboard or video rip, this is an excellent recording and a great performance by Queen in Houston, Texas!

LINEAGE:
Unknown lineage >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align sector boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Queen
Date: December 11th, 1977
Location: Houston, Texas
Venue: Houston Summit

Title: A Night At The Summit
Label: Digital Queen Archive
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 722 MB
Length: 110:40:18

SETLIST:

CD 1:

101. We Will Rock You (intro)
102. We Will Rock You (fast)
103. Brighton Rock
104. Somebody To Love
105. Death On Two Legs
106. Killer Queen
107. Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
108. I'm In Love With My Car
109. Get Down Make Love
110. The Millionaire Waltz
111. You're My Best Friend
112. Liar
113. Love Of My Life
114. '39
115. My Melancholy Blues

CD 2:
201. White Man
202. Prophet's Song ~ Brian May (guitar solo)
203. Now I'm Here
204. Stone Cold Crazy
205. Bohemian Rhapsody
206. Keep Yourself Alive
207. Tie Your Mother Down
208. We Will Rock You
209. We Are The Champions
210. Sheer Heart Attack
211. Jailhouse Rock
212. God Save The Queen

LINK:
(1) 1977-12-11 Houston, TX (SB)


One thing I am unsure of is whether this recording has been EQ'ed or had the audio altered at all.  The md5 and ff[ files that came with the FLAC files ended with "remaster" at the end of the file names.  Yet the text file had no mention of any kind of remastering.  I've got another copy of this show on CD-R's that I'm going to find and compare the two (this one and that one) to see if there are any differences in sound.  The original copy I have had for a long time definitely was never remastered.  I wonder if the high end frequencies may have been brought up in the recording I'm sharing today because of the way things sound?  This recording still sounds excellent though.

The artwork I have for this recording may or may not be the actual or original artwork for this source.  The setlist is the same of course, but it is broken up a little different in the way it is tracked on the artwork.  Originally, this this same file set I'm sharing today had no artwork.  But as I was looking yesterday, I saw some artwork had been added so I got it to use here.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment