Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Fleetwood Mac: 1979-11-12 Uniondale, NY (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

This is a excellent-to-superb recording of a 1979 Fleetwood Mac show by a taper Steve H (aka fzmoi69).  All thanks go to him for sharing this show!  He recently shared a 1997 Fleetwood Mac show as well and it was another superb recording too.  He's taped a lot of shows, and after talking with him (via messaging) earlier, he said he is uploading his masters.  He said many have been shared before by others but he is uploading the master clones for the best lineage.  As good as the shows I've heard (maybe 4-5) that Steve has recorded are, I really look forward to seeing what else is in store and has been recorded by Steve!

LINEAGE:
Technics 646 > Shure microphones
> transferred, mixed, and mastered by Steve H/aka "fzmoi69" from Sony TC-K707ES into Sound Forge Pro 10.01 > FLAC > shared > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align on sector boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

RECORDING LOCATION:
7th row, center stage, on the floor

DETAILS:
Artist: Fleetwood Mac
Date: November 12th, 1979
Location: Uniondale, New York
Venue: Nassau Coliseum

Label: Steve H (aka fzmoi69) (taper)
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 568 MB
Length: 122:15:01

SETLIST:

CD 1:

101. Say You Love Me
102. The Chain
103. Dreams
104. Not That Funny
105. Rhiannon
106. Over And Over
107. Oh Well
108. Sara
109. What Makes You Think You're The One
110. Oh Daddy 

CD 2:
201. Save Me A Place
202. Landslide
203. Tusk
204. Angel
205. You Make Loving Fun
206. I'm So Afraid
207. World Turning
208. Go Your Own Way
209. Sisters Of The Moon
210. Blue Letter
211. Songbird


LINK:
(1) 1979-11-12 Uniondale, NY (AUD Master)


The waveform on this show looks excellent with no audio clipping.  I've not had a chance to listen to this show through the home theater setup yet.  But I know when I do I will be enjoying it because of how excellent of a recording it is.  From the songs I've listened to on the PC I can tell there are times when audience members can be heard speaking.  I'm not sure if they were close to Steve of maybe with Steve?  But all of us tapers know that sometimes there is nothing you can do about that.  Sometimes it is the drunk and loud crowd, sometimes it's the friends who you rode to the show with!  But even with these normal issues the recording sounds excellent as does the mix.

This was Fleetwood Mac's Tusk LP tour.  That isn't one of my favorite albums the band made.  Still, it had some great songs as well as some I really would skip too.  The setlist here has songs from the hits, to the past, and on to the Tusk LP.  So there is a good range of Fleetwood Mac music pretty much from the Stevie and Lindsay era on.  I'm glad they did the song "Oh Daddy" too.  That has been one of my favorite 1970's Fleetwood Mac song ever since I heard it on the first live show I ever got of the band.  It's definitely not a song you hear on the radio and the mix and mood of it just hits an area that makes me think back.  I'm not even 100% sure what the song is about honestly.  But I like it.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment