Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Billy Squier: 1981-10-10 San Francisco, CA (FLAC_SB/FM_1 CD)

This is an artist I haven't seen or heard of in a long, long time.  Other than a few shows shared in the last  couple of years, Billy Squier kind of just fell off the radar and disappeared.

I like Billy Squier but not enough to do a lot of collecting of his music.  His best era was the one this show being shared comes from.  It took me over an hour to locate some artwork for this performance and I almost decided to put off uploading the show since his material (date included) was so hard to locate and make it where I could make a complete upload here tonight.  But having listened to the show as I was preparing it and while looking for dates and artwork, I decided to go ahead and upload it.  It's a very nice sounding show broadcast by the Superstar in Concert Series radio program we grew up listening to on FM radio.  And I figured there were sure to be some people out there who would love this show a lot more than I might!  I miss those days of hearing live and/or ore-recorded concerts on FM radio stations.

This is an excellent sounding concert and one I thing Billy does a great job in.  And that is why I am uploading this show also.  It's something a little different from what I normally listen to.  But it is great to change things up a little something and enjoy something outside of your normal preferences I think.

LINEAGE:
CD-R trade > EAC > WAV > FLAC 8 > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossines) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Billy Squuire
Date: October 10th, 1981
Location: San Francisco, California
Venue: The Warfield

Label: Westwood One
Title: Superstars In Concert
Source: SB/FM BX
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Size: 402MB
Length: 57:40:04

SETLIST:

01. Introduction
02. In The Dark
03. Rich Kid
04. My Kinda Lover
05. Whadda Want From Me
06. guitar solo
07. Lonely Is The Night
08. Young Girls
09. I Need You
10. The Stroke
11. You Should Be High Love
12. The Big Beat
13. band intros
14. You Know What I Like


LINK:

(1) (1) 1981-10-10 San Francisco, CA (FM BX)

I really don't know what did happen to Billy
Squier or why he dropped of the charts.  I do know his music and his look became very "changed" as the 1980's continued and I personally thought his music went downhill and was no good anymore.  But for whatever the reasons are, he had his moment of fame in the blossoming 1981 era when rock was reviving itself within many bands and dying off with many more.  It was a turbulent time in rock 'n' roll and it was a time shaping the future of the music too.  It was shaping it both for the good and the bad I believe.  But one thing is for sure.  Music was never the same again  and in my opinion it only got worse leading up to what people call music nowadays.  If you like what I am talking about today, then you'll disagree with me.  But don't get mad.  I'm not mad at you for liking what I don't even consider to be music anymore and I am stuck (by choice) in the era of music that means what it means to me and I can relate to.  And I am sure those more interested in today's music likely feel much same way.  And I'm not knocking you for it either!

Getting back on topic here, while the concert has great sound, someone clipped the audio badly as they either recorded it too loudly or possibly EQ'ed it this copy.  It won't be a problem for 99.9% of the people listening.  I'm just reporting it because looking at the waveform it is very obvious.

I hope you enjoy this Billy
Squier show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment