Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stevie Nicks: 1989-10-06 Houston, TX (FLAC_SB/FM_1 CD)

Here's another excellent Stevie Nicks show from my hometown of Houston.  If I remember correctly, this is one of the more rare Nicks tours as far as recordings go.  This was her tour for the album The Other Side of The Mirror.  I know I have a DVD of this tour too but I need to rebuild it and add at least chapters because it came without any.

LINEAGE:
FM broadcast (WGIR FM Manchester) >  Yamaha 500 receiver with digital tuner and wire antenna > NAK. BX-100 cassette deck (Dolby off) > almost never played Maxell XLII-S 90 minute. master cassette > played on Tascam 112 into Soundforge (WAV) > FLAC (sector boundaries aligned) >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Stevie Nicks
Date: September 6th, 1986
Location: Houston, Texas
Venue: Houston Summit

Title: None

Label: This And That Production
Source: SB/FM
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 507 MB
Length: 71:25:35

SETLIST:

01. Superstar Concert Series intro
02.
Outside The Rain
03. Dreams
04. Rooms Of Fire
05. Gold Dust Woman
06. Stand Back
07. Alice
08. No Spoken Word
09. Beauty And The Beast
10.
Whole Lotta Trouble
11. Two Kinds Of Love
12. Edge Of Seventeen
13. Nightbird
14. Has Anyone Written Anything For You

LINK:
(1) 1989-10-06 Houston, TX


I'm surprised I didn't go to this show back in 1989.  I believe I recall the commercials for this tour, but then again it could have been the 1986 tour I'm thinking of too.  Either way, I know I didn't go because (a) I'd remember it and (b) I still have never seen Stevie Nicks live.  I'd love to see her but the ticket prices for her and for Fleetwood Mac too are through the roof.

Fleetwood Mac is touring right now in 2014 and I'd love to get a chance to see and record their show.  I've seen a number of shows surfacing lately but have not got any from the 2014 tour yet.  To be honest, i was a little disappointed by their last tour in 2012 I believe.  Lindsay Buckingham, while starting out strong in the 2012 shows I got, seemed to start playing in a very non Fleetwood Mac sounding style in the shows.  His old style of excellent rock and roll, as in the 1975 - 1979 era of the band, seems lost in the past in most shows today.  And that's too bad because this is a talented band that has made some excellent music over the years.

I guess I'll get off of Fleetwood Mac and finish up with posting this Stevie Nicks show.  If you are a fan of Nicks you will like this show because both the recording and her voice sound excellent.  Unlike a few shows in previous years, she seems very on track and in control over her performance and what she says during it.  She sounds undeniably Stevie Nicks!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment