Sunday, October 12, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1969-04-27 San Francisco, CA (DVD-A_SB Master/AUD 2nd Gen Matrix_Both Sets)

It is completely unbelievable that I have never uploaded this superb show before!  It's so far from normal understanding that I thought I had at some point and guess I just never checked until today.  I'm still thinking I have but somehow am missing it here, but it sure doesn't look that way.

This is one of my five top Led Zeppelin shows on the list of the best ones.  It is that good!  The second set was my first Led Zeppelin unreleased recording I ever got too.  It sounded nothing near as good as the more recent decades of copies have.  Plus, it was the audience recording I got and not the soundboard way back then too.  But I loved it just the same.

This is both sets at the Fillmore West, a venue renown for excellent Led Zeppelin shows on their 1969 tour.  This is a DVD-A (DVD audio with slideshow and video segments).  And I like the way Genuine Masters built this DVD-A too.

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: April 27th, 1969
Location: San Francisco, California
Venue: Fillmore West
Source: SB/AUD (SB Master & AUD 2nd Gen Patch)
Format: DVD-A
DVD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Label: Genuine Masters
Title: The Devil's Blues

DVD ATTRIBUTES:
Menus: Yes
Chapters: Yes
Size: 4.34 GB

VIDEO:
Format: NTSC
Resolution: 720 x 480
Aspect: 4:3
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Bitrate: 4500 kbps
Codec: MPEG-2

AUDIO:
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Bitrate: 1536 kbps
Codec: LPCM
Channels: 2
Streams: 1

SETLIST:
SET 1:
01. Train Kept A Rollin'
02. I Can't Quit You Baby
03. As Long As I Have You
04. You Shook Me
05. How Many More Times
06. Communication Breakdown

SET 2:
07. Killing Floor
08. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
09. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
10. Sitting And Thinking
11. Pat's Delight
12. Dazed And Confused

LINKS:
(1) 1969-04-27 San Francisco (GM DVD-A)
(2) 1969-04-27 San Francisco (GM DVD-A
(3) 1969-04-27 San Francisco (GM DVD-A)

I like how Genuine Masters added video to the project instead of it being all slideshow oriented like most DVD-A projects are.  I could have lived without the graphic cartoon artwork representations of the band however.  It's just not the way I want picture the band jamming out if you know what I mean.  But with the LPCM audio and the excellent production Genuine Masters is known fo, I really don't have too many complaints.

The show really sounds superb too.  I'm not saying it is the definitive sound out of the different copies of the show I have.  But it is not anything at all worth worrying about quality wise either.  And I will be uploading other copies of the show over time too including what I think is the definitive copy.  The soundboard based copies are all superb with excellent stereo separation!

Thanks goes to Greg Z. for making this DVD-A available.  I'd seen it mentioned over a few years, had a FLAC audio rip of the DVD-A, but did not have the DVD-A itself.  And I like DVD-A projects because (a) the show is usually on one disc, (b) it is almost always in a higher quality audio, and (c) you usually have some sort of slideshow or video to watch as you listen to the show.  I plan on watching this one myself today when I get back home!

Speaking of getting back home...I'm uploading this remotely this morning so there is no text file in the upload.  There was not one to begin with, and since I wanted to get the show uploaded while I was gone, I uploaded it without a description/information text file.  You can copy & paste this post's content into a text file and save it if you want one.  But since I didn't have time to make a "Bootradr's info" file and since there was no "info" file originally, I had to get it uploading without one before I left yesterday.

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.


ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment