Sunday, July 27, 2014

Queen: 1974-03-31 London, England (FLAC_SB/Pre-FM 2nd Gen Reel_96/24 & 44/16 Copies_1 CD)

I have a few versions of this show but this one and one other are my favorites.  The other is a 1st generation transfer from the master multitrack reel and I may upload it too tonight (actually becoming morning now).  I thought this version being uploaded came from the same source reel earlier, but now I'm not so sure?  It is a 2nd generation copy from a master reel too but has more tracks than the multitrack version does.

I'm uploading the second generation 96 kHz/24 bit version as well as the CD standard 44.1 kHz/16 bit version I down sampled too for anyone just wanting the CD standard, ready to burn-to-disc version.  There will be links for both versions below.

As I mentioned, this copy has a few extra tracks the mutitrack version doesn't have.  And the sound is incredible too even though it is not quiet as sharp as the multitrack version's sound.  Still, I may prefer this version a little more because of the bass end being heard better and the overall mix in the recording.  I definitely like the fact it is more complete also!

LINEAGE:
(1. 96/24 Ver.):  Recording (Trident) @ 96 kHz/24 bit audio > reel-to-reel tape (Elektra Territories) > WAV  > me > TLH (to decode as WAV and test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/song titles and info into files and re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to reconfirm project is error free and to create and verify md5 & ffp files) > you


(2. 44/16 Ver.):  Recording (Trident) @ 96 kHz/24 bit audio > reel-to-reel tape (Elektra Territories) > WAV  > me > TLH (to decode as WAV and test for lossiness and align tracks on sector boundaries) > Audacity (to embed metadata/song titles and info into files, down sample to 44.1 kHz/16 bit audio, and re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to reconfirm project is error free and to create and verify md5 & ffp files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Queen
Date: March 31st, 1974
Location: London, England
Venue: Rainbow Theatre
Source: SB/Pre-FM Reel (2nd Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Label: Elektra Territories
Title: None
Size (44/16): 231 MB
Size (96/24): 771 MB

SETLIST:
01. Procession
02. Father To Son
03. Ogre Battle
04. Son And Daughter
05. Keep Yourself Alive
06. Seven Seas Of Rhye
07. Modern Times Rock "N' Roll
08. Liar

LINKS:
LINKS REMOVED DUE TO BECOMING AN OFFICIAL RELEASE NOW

This is a superb recording of a Queen show from the days when they were just starting out.  I believe they started in 1973 using the name Queen for the band.  But there are not a lot of great sounding recordings from that era of their history.  There are a few recordings out there but they are not very good sounding as far as the audio quality goes.

I thought I had this show on DVD too.  But it turns out being the 1974-11-20 performance Queen did at the same venue in England that I have.  After I finish uploading the 1974-03-31 material I may upload some early 1970's Queen concert DVD's I have that are pro shot.  The quality looks excellent.  I haven't watched the DVD's in five years or more.  But I'll look at the details on the DVD and upload the video of the concert soon if everything checks out good.

My favorite era of Queen music is the 1970's - mid 1980's.  I know a lot of people like the latter years when the band mellowed out a lot and Freddie Mercury was nearing his death.  But I just don't like that era as much myself. 
I like the rocking era of Queen when Brian May played guitar solos and the band was energetic.  But that's just my preference.  I have a lot of Queen material, most from the 1970's, and I do have material that covers all years.  I figure it's about time I upload a little of it now!

After that last paragraph I got to looking around for a few Queen early years pro shot DVD's and I found some.  As I get some things done around my house today, I may get these DVD's uploading.  I may wait until I can individually create a detailed text file for each or I may go ahead and upload the 6 - 9 GB's of files and let you, the downloader, just copy and paste into a text file what you're reading here.  After all, other than a few changes I make, that is what I'm doing anyhow.  We'll see!

I hope you enjoy this concert...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment