So in celebration of their second to last show ever in America, here is the source 1 recording of that show played 37 years ago today.
Unknown low gen. analog source tape > CD-R > EAC > WAV > Goldwave (used for track splitting) > TLH > FLAC > me > TLH (to decode as WAV and test for lossiness*) > Audacity (to embed metadata/song titles and info into files and re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to reconfirm project is error free and to create and verify new md5 & ffp files) > you
* The TLH CDDA/MPEG test, not a good source for lossiness testing, has mixed results on this show. The show is likely lossless and fine, but if you want to confirm via FA and SA methods, please do and let me know. The reason I am trusting this is lossless is due to the names associated with this copy. They're well respected in the Zeppelin boots and remastering fields and they would not put up a lossy show. TLH is notorious for giving bad test results to good, lossless recordings and this is likely another example of that happening!
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: July 23rd, 1977
Location: Oakland, California
Venue: Alameda County Coliseum
Source: AUD (Source 1)
Title: None Size: 926 MB
101. The Song Remains The Same
102. Sick Again
103. Nobody's Fault But Mine
104. Over The Hills And Far Away
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. No Quarter
201. Ten Years Gone
202. The Battle Of Evermore
203. Going To California
204. Black Country Woman
205. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
206. Trampled underfoot
207. White Summer
209. Jimmy Page (guitar violin bow solo)
301. Achilles Last Stand
302. Stairway To Heaven
303. Whole Lotta Luck
304. Rock And Roll
305. Black Dog
(1) 1977-07-23 Oakland, CA Source 1
(2) 1977-07-23 Oakland, CA Source 1
(3) 1977-07-23 Oakland, CA Source 1
Nobody knew this was going to be Led Zeppelin's second from last show in America. But it was. Three years later John Bonham died and the band called it quits. Putting aside the small reunion shows like 1985's Live Aid, Led Zeppelin has never played America again and likely never will.
There seem to be two sources for this show and if I can find the time today I'll upload Source 2.
Memorabilia from the LedZeppelin.com official site is all I was able to find as far as any artwork related material goes. I downloaded the low resolution ticket scan, articles about this sold out show, and other materials and put them into a folder. It's great to see that Led Zeppelin did go out in style in the USA at least and closed with sold out shows. But really? I mean; what else would you expect from them anyhow :-)
I hope you enjoy the concert...
THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY! NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE. THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.
KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!