Monday, July 28, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1969-04-26 San Francisco, CA (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is an excellent sounding show and performance by Led Zeppelin in their beginning year.  I compared a few boot label versions as well as some non labeled, low generation transfers of this show today.  And while they all sounded great, I do think this Black Swan label copy sounded very clean and good for the labeled versions I was choosing from.

This show has something to it that may be a first also.  I'll have to research it, but this may be one of the very first times "Whole Lotta Love" was played live?  I can't recall hearing it in any other San Francisco 1969 shows prior to this one.  I'll double check though.

LINEAGE:
Black Swan silver CD's > EAC (secure and with proper read offsets) > WAV > TLH > FLAC 8 > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/song titles & info & re-encode) FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp and st5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: April 26th, 1969
Location: San Francisco, California
Venue: Winterland Ballroom
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: Black Swan
Title: Smokestack Lightning

Size: 630 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Communication Breakdown
102. I Can't Quit You Baby
103.
Dazed And Confused
104. You Shook Me
105. How Many More Times

CD 2:

201. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
202. Killing Floor
203. Babe I'm Gonna Leave you
2
04. Pat's Delight
205. As Long As I Have You
206.
Whole Lotta Love

LINKS:
(1) 1969-04-26 San Francisco, CA (Black Swan)
(2) 1969-04-26 San Francisco, CA (Black Swan)

It's interesting to see "As Long As I Have You" so late in the set.  This one was usually an early number within the first three to four songs at most.  But not always.  And speaking of "Whole Lotta Love" being a rarity in the show a little while ago, the song is not even listed on the Black Swan label's artwork.  It definitely is on the second CD and is the last track.  And it definitely was played in this April 26th show too and it is not an added track from some other show used as a space filler like labels sometimes add either.

I really love the sound of Smokestack Lightning.  There may be better sounding versions of this show out there.  The KRW_Co 1st generation transfer with no EQ work is a very, very nice and clean transfer and may be my favorite.  And the dadgad 1st generation transfer (not the 1st generation transfer remaster) is a close second to my ears.  But Black Swan so far takes the cake on the label versions I've listened to today.  And I do think it is a show any Zeppelin fan will like.

I hope you enjoy the concert...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment