Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Journey: 1979-06-09 Passaic, NJ (FLAC_SB/FM_2 CD)

It's been a couple of weeks since I've had a chance to upload anything.  And even though I'm putting up a show right now, I'm still in a busy cycle over here and it may be a few more weeks before I can start uploading more shows.

I can't believe I haven't uploaded this one before.  In fact, I'm still wondering if I've missed it somehow and have uploaded it?

Either way, this is an excellent copy from the master cassette someone used to record this 1979 Journey show as it was being broadcast over the air by radio station WNEW FM.  And it is, as always from Journey, a superb performance too!

LINEAGE:
FM radio broadcast > master FM off-air recorded cassette tape > EQ'ed > FLAC > me > TLH (to decode as WAV and test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/song titles and info into files and re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to reconfirm project is error free and to create and verify md5 & ffp files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: June 9th, 1979
Location: Passaic, New Jersey
Venue: Capitol Theatre
Source: SB/FM
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (Rubicon Reproduction artwork)
Label: Stulken Remaster
Title: Angels In Passaic
Size: 593 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. WNEW FM intro/Majestic
102. La Do Da
103. Next
104. Feeling That Way
105. Anytime
106. Lights
107. Too Late
108. Kohoutek
109. Winds Of March
110. On A Saturday Night

CD 2:
201. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
202. Do You Recall
203. Just The Same Way
204. Lovin' You Is Easy
205. Wheel In The Sky
206. Patiently
207. Opened The Door
208. Journey interview
209. Budweiser commercial with Journey 1
210. Budweiser commercial with Journey 2

LINKS:
(1) 1979-06-09 Passaic, NJ
(2) 1979-06-09 Passaic, NJ

I've got a few versions of this show, most if not all being recordings of FM radios broadcasts of this concert, and I'm not sure if this is the best version or not at the moment.  I picked this one to upload because "Stulken" did the remastering on it and he's done excellent jobs on previous Journey projects.  The artwork "Stulken" used was the Rubicon Reproductions artwork for the "Angels in Passaic" titled version.  So I'm "assuming" he remastered that title but it wasn't stated in the text file.

I'm not exactly sure, but "Stulken" may be the same person as "Digital Reproductions"?  I use to do CD-R trading with Scott G., the guy who ran the Rubicon Reporoductions website.  But over the years contact was lost with him.  I've tried contacting the "Stulken" Journey fan a time or two over the years, but I never did get a reply from them so I have no idea if they're the same person or not.  If anyone out there knows the answer, I'd be interested in knowig myself and would appreciate it if you left a comment letting me know too.

Budweiser was sponsoring Journey on this tour.  So needless to say, the Budweiser commercials at the end of CD 2 were two of at least three I have collected that were done by Journey for Budweiser back in 1979 and broadcast over the air during the show's FM broadcast.

I hope you enjoy this excellent Journey show from Passaic, NJ in 1979...

Bootradr

  SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment