Thursday, June 26, 2014

Boston: 2014-06-18 Allen, X (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

Here's an excellent capture of the Boston show in the Dallas/Fort Worth area by "whotapes" about a week ago.  Boston has always been a band I have loved a lot.  And even though I've collected as many shows as I could find of them (past and present), there just aren't as many shows available from their earlier years due to the history of the band.  And the earlier years (1976 - 1979) are my favorite years for their live concerts too.

After Brad Delp's 2008 death, I wasn't expecting to hear much more of Boston other than through live recordings of past shows.  But they did come back and sound and play great even today.  The YouTube found singer, Tommy DeCarlo, does a great job of pulling off the songs with the Brad Delp style and sound.  While no band still around today that made it through the 1970's can ever sound as good as they did in their heyday, Boston comes as close to doing it as the best of them do.

LINEAGE:
SP-CMC-08s HyperCard elements > SP-SB1(no bass roll-off) > Zoom H4n (recorded @ 44 kHz/16 bit WAV) > HDD > Goldwave (to split files) > Traders Little Helper (FLAC 7) > me > you

Taper's Seating: Section 106 Row E


DETAILS:
Artist: Boston
Date: June 18th, 2014
Location: Allen, Texas
Venue: Allen Event Center
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Label: whotapes
Title: None
Size: 669 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll Band
102. Smokin'
103. Feelin' Satisfied
104. Last Day Of School
105. Life, Love & Hope
106. Peace Of Mind
107. Cool The Engines
108. Surrender To Me
109. Don't Look Back
110. Something About You

111. Amanda

CD 2:
201. The Launch
202. More Than A Feeling
203. instrumental jam
204. To Be A Man
205. Walk On-Get Organ-ized - Walk On (Some More)
206. Get Organ-ized
207. Walk On (Some More)
208. Foreplay/Longtime
219. band introductions

210. I Think I Like It
211. Party

LINKS:
(1) 2014-06-18 Allen, TX
(2) 2014-06-18 Allen, TX

Boston put on a spectacular sounding show this night.  They seem to be able to maintain their "old sound" better than a lot of bands can nowadays.  I've yet to see Boston, not by choice, and they are one of the top bands I want to see in my life too.  I've never been able to get anyone to go, and being legally blind and unable to drive, it really sucks that I can't get any friends to be interested enough to go see them.  When did everyone get so old?  Anyhow, I have more than a feeling that I will see them and the next time they're in my area too.  So enough about that!

I'm making no changes to this upload in an effort to still save time and be able to upload a show before my day begins.  So other than the "Bootradr's TLH CDDA Test" text file showing no lossiness (and I checked for SBE's too), this upload is another "as is" upload.

I hope you enjoy "whotapes" trip to Boston in Dallas/Fort Worth.  I did...

Bootradr


 SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



1 comment:

  1. Please More boston shows
    please boston with Michael sweet

    ReplyDelete