Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bad English: 1989-10-30 San Diego, CA (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

This is an excellent capture of the Bad English show in San Diego, California in 1989.  Thanks goes to Brian Emery for capturing and releasing this show!

For those who aren't familiar with Bad English, they were a band fronted by many Journey members in a time when Journey had disappears (1987) and nobody knew when the next Journey LP was going to happen.  Turned out being the next Journey album (or CD) was released in 1996 as the band members reunited to make Trial By Fire.

Bad English had present Journey members Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain in the band as well as future Journey drummer (and current too) Deen Castronovo.

LINEAGE:
AIWA CM-30A > WM-D3 (ANALOG) > TC-WE475 > RCD-W500C W/SBM (Super Bit Mapping) > me > TLH (to decode as WAV and test for lossiness, test original md5 file, and then to check for SBE's) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Bad English
Date: October 30th, 1989
Location: San Diego, California
Venue: Bacchannal
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Label: Brian Emery Master
Title: None
Size: 485 MB

SETLIST:
01. intro
02. Best Of What I Got
03. Tough Times Don't Last
04. Ghost In Your Heart
05. Heaven Is A 4 Letter Word
06. Price Of Love
07. Rockin' Horse
08.
Lay Down

09. Spinning Wheel Of Love
10. Jonathan Cain (keyboard solo)

11. When I See You Smile
12. Forget Me Not
13. Head First
14. Jumping Jack Flash

BAND MEMBERS:
John Waite - Vocals
Neal Schon - Guitars
Ricky Phillips - Bass Guitar
Jonathan Cain - Keyboards
Deen Castronovo - Drums


LINK:
(1) 1989-10-30 San Diego, CA

An earlier transfer had been made by Brian in 1989 as he traded with other traders with it.  But this is a fresh transfer (2010) from the master cassette.

I never listened much to Bad English.  I knew the songs from the radio, but since the songs didn't sound like Journey songs, I just wasn't too interested in the music.  And even today, it really isn't my 'cup of tea' too much.  But I do enjoy it a lot more, and with such excellent sound and work by the taper, I'll definitely become more familiar with this recording as I crank it up later this weekend.

Here's a copy and paste of Brian's notes:
"This recording has been circulating since '89 however this version is a new master cassette transfer from my original analog master tape (Feb. 2010).

Here's one from the short lived Bad English. This show was at a club called the Bacchanal which was a pretty nice club except for this show. They packed so many people in there for this it was just crazy. I don't know if the Bacchanal still exists but i saw tons of shows there in the 80's and 90's,in fact it's only one of two places I've been caught taping a show, I got nailed doing Paul Stanley in '89 about 20 minutes into the show, bummer because I've never seen that show in the boot world."


I've not done anything other than test for lossiness, add my "Bootradr's TLH CDDA Test" text file to show the test results, and I checked for any sector boundary errors (SBE's) and there were none.  This is an "as is" recording I'm making a fast upload of for anyone interested in it.

I hope you enjoy the concert...

 
Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment