Sunday, April 6, 2014

Feist: 2007-06-12 New York, NY (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

This is another excellent show I just got and have been hoping to get for a few years.  And it's FLAC and not mp3 too!  Thanks goes to my Germany friend Dierk for sending me this one!  He's helped me out with a few excellent Fesit shows over the recent year or so.  Thanks also goes to "woj", the person who recorded and shared the show originally back in 2007.

Since this show is right at 1 hour, 30 minutes long, and that makes it two CD's if you burn it to disc, I'm breaking it up in the upload the way I am going to burn it.  But you can change the way you want to burn it to disc because there are no fade in/out parts in the show.  So any track you want to end on with CD 1 and start with on CD 2 should work fine.  However, it does sound like Fesit is either taking a break or doing something at the end of track 10, "Now At Last", so I figured that would work for the last track on CD 1.

If you have the ability to over-burn you might could get all 90 minutes onto an 80 minute CD.  But since I'm still not sure if that is a good thing to do, and since many older type players won't play CD-R's that have been over-burned, I'd recommend just making it two CD-R's to be safe.

LINEAGE:
(1) Source: SP-CMC-8 > SP-SPSB-1 > MZ-RH910 (line in, Linear PCM) >
(2) Transfer: MZ-RH910 > USB > SonicStage 3.3 > .WAV > Cool Edit 2000 (compress, normalize) > CD Wave (tracking) > FLAC 1.1.1 (level 6) >
(3) me > TLH (to decode as WAV, test for lossiness, and test for SBE's...none found) > Audacity (to embed metadata/track titles into tracks, do very light amplification on tracks with no clipping, and encode back to FLAC 6) > TLH (to create new md5 file, create an ffp file, and then test all files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Feist
Date: June 16th, 2007
Location: New York, New York
Venue: City Hall
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Label: None
Title: None
Size: 461 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. intro
102. Honey Honey
103. When I Was A Young Girl
104. So Sorry
105. My Moon My Man
106. The Park
107. The Limit To Your Love
108. I Feel It All
109. Anti-Pioneer
110. Now At Last

CD 2:
201. Brandy Alexander
202. Phantoms
203. The Water
204. 1234
205. Mushaboom
206. Intuition
207. Sealion
208. Let It Die

FileFactory Link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1b55m3f4bho3/

Since the original taper did Normalize the audio, there really wasn't much I could do with editing it like I'd planned to.  Most times, people do not use Normalize because of what it does to the audio.  But in this case, it didn't ruin it or anything like that and the show sounds excellent.

I'm still learning the correct way to edit audio and not just "EQ it by ear".  But in this case, I couldn't do any EQ work in a timely manner because it would have caused clipping on the WAV files.  I'd planned on trying to bring Feist's voice up front a little more with a light EQ job, but it is no big deal that I couldn't due to the fact it was clipping the audio as I tried.  This is something I need to spend much more time on and even research some more before I could successfully do a project like that.

I'm really happy with the way this show sounds already and using Audacity to bring it too it's current sound without clipping any audio did brighten the audio and Feist's voice a little bit.  At least I think it did :-)  Plus, it's the beginning part of the show where I think here own sound crew may have made to make some adjustments (and they do).

Maybe one day, when I've learned how to better EQ audio, I might make another run at it and see how it comes out?  But there is nothing wrong with the way the show sounds now so it really isn't a necessity either.  Besides; I still have a Feist 2007 Manchester, Tennessee show recording and it is one that needs the kind of work I was going to attempt on this show that really doesn't need it anyhow.

I hope you enjoy the concert!  Until next time...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

 KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment