Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Triumph: 1978-08-26 Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada (FLAC_SB_1 CD)

PREFACE:  Against my better judgement, I'm also including an mp3 version of this show in a separate link.  As much as I am anti-mp3 (or lossy) when it comes to my music (actually everything), I have to admit that this mp3 version that I've decided to add and have had for a long, long time is a better sounding source recording.  I'm not sure if someone took the lossless FLAC source and EQ'ed it to death or if it was always the lesser quality sounding recording?  It sounds great too, but the mp3 version does sound better.  Now, I just need to find a FLAC version of the mp3 source recording so I can trash the mp3 version and remove it for good!

This is a great recording from a 1978 Canada Jam Triumph concert.  The recording starts off with a little tape warble but soon gets better.  The recording has been called an audience and a soundboard recording.  I personally believe it sounds like a soundboard.  The sound is a little flat but it very clean and sounds great still.  I'm not sure if it may have been EQ'ed this way or if it may just have been the way the recording came out?  Regardless, it is very enjoyable listening.

LINEAGE:
CD-R > EAC > WAV > FLAC > me > named tracks > TLH (for new md5 and ffp file creations, testing for lossiness and for SBE's...neither found, and for files verification) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Triumph
Date: August 26th, 1978
Location: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Venue: Mosport Park
Event: Canada Jam
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes (2 sets of artwork)
Label: None
Title: Triumph - Canada Jam
Size: 303 MB

SETLIST:
01. What's Another Day Of Rock & Roll
02. Street Fighter
03. Little Texas Shaker
04. Blinding Light Show
05. Let Me Get Next To You
06. Rock 'N' Roll Machine
07. Takes Time
08. Rocky Mountain Way
09. 24 Hours A Day

LINK: (FLAC):
(1) 1978-08-26 Bowmanville, Ontario (FLAC SB)

LINK (mp3 @ 192 kbps, "Live At Canada Jam", TLR label):
(1) 1978-08-26 Bowmanville, Ontario (mp3 SB)

I included a second set of low resolution artwork I found because the date on the artwork that came with this show is wrong.  The wrong dated artwork has June 28th, 1978 (06/28/78) instead of August 26th, 1978 (08/26/78) which is correct.  The lower resolution artwork has the right date.  And I did verify that Triumph played on the correct date at the 1978 Canada Jam too.

It sort of cracks me up what Gil Moore says at the ending of the song "The Blinding Light Show".  He's talking about different music styles and he mentions disco and how the band will never play one note of that music because "Disco...(waits for the crowd to answer) sucks"!  I'd forgotten about that old saying from when I was a kid.  The band almost sounds like another Canadian band, Rush, as they play the following song "Let Me Get Next To You".

I like that Rik Emmett's guitar is very "up front" in this show and very clean sounding.  That's one of the giveaways to me that this is a soundboard recording.  Also, the fact you don't hear the crowd between songs other than very, very lightly is another soundboard indicator.  There were over 10,000 people in attendance at this Canada Jam and it was the largest concert ever with the attendance records at that time (1978) in Canada.  The producer for Canada Jam was also responsible for producing California Jam I and California Jam II (referred to as Cal Jam) in this same time period according to some research I did into the dates.  If this is an audience recording, well, then that jumps it up to an excellent/superb recording.  The show gets better and better audio-wise as the show goes on too.

So take a trip back to 1978 up in Canada and I hope you enjoy the ride...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO. 

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment