Sunday, January 26, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1972-12-22 London, England (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is a good recording of Zeppelin's first of two nights at the Alexandra Palace in London nearing the end of 1972.  The show is a good show, however; the audio does change up a few times in this recording.  And I noticed there is no organ solo and the final song, "Thank You", at the end of CD 2.

At this point, and after looking at the times for the different versions available, I'm not sure that "Thank You" is on any copies of the show?  And one set of artwork also shows "Bring It On Home" closes out the show after "Thank You".  I don't know if there is a version of this show out there with either (or both) of these songs on it or if they were just played but never recorded.  I've been looking for the (1) low generation copy dadgad appears to have shared in the past on Dime and/or the (2) 2nd generation version (2 CD, not the 1 CD) that exists.  But I haven't been able to locate either of those versions (yet).  If anyone has them and wants to share them on Dime, I'll download them for sure!  I don't think they're going to be any more complete (but they may be).  However; they may be better sounding shows?  And there's only one real way to tell and that's to listen to them :-)

The reason I'm uploading this 2 CD label/version is because I never see this show available anywhere.  I'm sure it can be found and I'm sure it has been uploaded before.  But in an effort to get some of my 1990's trading days CD-R's EAC ripped and backed up, I'm putting this one up for anyone interested in it or anyone that may not have this show already.  The show is definitely not on Dime as of this posting.  The 1972-12-23 show from the second night at Alexandria Palace is on Dime and I downloaded a copy I didn't have yesterday to compare it to one I did.

LINEAGE:
Unknown > CD-R trade in 1997/98 (burned to two 80 minute Verbatim Blue Discs) > EAC (Secure) > WAV > tracks named > TLH (to test for lossiness and for SBE's...neither found, for encoding as FLAC 6, for md5, ffp, & torrent file creations, and for file verifications) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: December 22nd, 1972
Location: London, England
Venue: Alexandra Palace
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: Cobra Standard Series
Title: Riot Show
Size: 737 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Over The Hills And Far Away
103. Black Dog
104. Misty Mountain Hop
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. Dancing Days
107. Bron Yr-Aur Stomp
108. The Song Remains The Same
109. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Whole Lotta Love
204. Immigrant Song
205. Heartbreaker

FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/63hefc57o6wz/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/7dg6njbp52iv/

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=480212
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.

As I mentioned already, the show's sound changes a few times.  It starts off pretty muddy sounding and then gets better as the second song, "Over The Hills And Far Away", is about halfway into the song.  It gradually gets better and by the end of the show has it has definitely moved up a grade in sound quality.  This is not an excellent sounding show by any stretch, but it isn't a bad sounding show either.  It's in line with a lot of 1972 shows and has its good and bad moments.

I'm leaving both sets of artwork I have in it.  One comes from RambleOnZep.com and the other in the same artwork but I added the back artwork's side tabs with the title/text for the better quality (A4 ?) CD cases discs use to come in.  The original Cobra artwork may have been in a cardboard case; I'm not really sure?  But it did not have the 1/4 inch labels on the edge of the back art for fitting into the older cases and being able to read what show it is looking from the side.  I'm guessing the artwork I had back in the 1990's wasn't the best resolution, but it works.  And just in case you want artwork that is a little sharper looking on the text, I downloaded some low resolution art that would have been the original (same) artwork I had but without the side labels as it came in those days.

I hope you enjoy the show...I know I did...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO. 

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment