Sunday, December 29, 2013

Journey: 2001-08-10 Mountain View, CA (FLAC_AUD DAT Master_2 CD)

This is an excellent sounding master audience recording from Journey's 2001 tour.  I don't think this is the first time it has been shared (but I don't know for sure), but it is definitely the first time I have heard or seen it anywhere.  I wanted to bring the highs up just a tiny bit and make it sound a little sharper, but I decided to leave it alone and just upload it at is.  Since a few traders get upset about someone doing something like that anyhow, and since the person sharing it didn't have any way to private message or reach them available like most do, I decided against messing with it.  Besides, it really doesn't need any work.  It already sounds like an excellent recording as it is.

LINEAGE:
Neumann KM140s > EAA PSP/2 > Sony SBM-1 > DAT lineage: DAT master > computer > r8brain PRO > CD Wav > TLH >FLAC 16

Artist: Journey
Location: Mountain View, California

Venue: Shoreline Amphitheatre
Date: August 10th, 2001
Label: None
Title: None
CD's: 2
Source: AUD

Artwork: No (I did find some artwork from a totally different source and for a mini disc recording of the show after uploading the files...it doesn't match the tracking exactly for this source but is better than nothing...see image at the bottom of this post and it can be saved to a PC)
Size: 573 MB

SETLIST:

01. Anyway You Want It
02. Only The Young

03. Stone In Love
04. I Got A Reason
05. Send Her My Love

06. Lights
07. When You Love A Woman
08. Feeling That Way
09. Anytime
10. Higher Place
11. Chain Reaction
12. Don't Stop Believin'
13. Faithfully
14. Livin' To Do
15. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
16. Escape
17. Wheel In The Sky
18. Be Good To Yourself
19. All Over Now
20. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'

LINKS:
(1) 2001-08-10 Mountain Biew, CA (AUD Master)
(2) 2001-08-10 Mountain Biew, CA (AUD Master)

I've listened to a number of the tracks as I was doing things around the house tonight, and from what I heard, there is hardly any crowd noise.  You do not hear conversations to the left or right, some drunk yelling something vocally unintelligible, and things like that.  Now I'm not saying there is definitely not any of that in there because I haven't listened to the complete show yet.  But from the 40 - 50 minutes out of the approximately 1 hour, 42 minute recording; I didn't hear anything like that.  That's half of what makes this recording so clean.

I'm not adding or taking anything from this file set in order to save some time.  It was a torrent shared on Dime by "shnxfer4" and I left the files intact as they were.  Well, OK now.  I don't want to lie.  There was a second md5 checksum (probably from the first time I think it was shared) file in the download.  And after checking all files with Trader's Little Helper (TLH), it was not a used file and I removed it.  But that hardly counts!  I just zipped it up and started uploading it after checking the files in order to speed up the process of making this upload tonight.

If you like Journey, you should like this show...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment