Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Aerosmith: 1980-01-25 Largo, MD (Pro Shot DVD)

This is one of the best shows I've seen in my life!  It is excellent in quality but beyond superb in performance.  I'd say this one is a must have for any classic rock collector due to how powerful of a performance this show was.

I never have been a huge Aerosmith fan.  Don't get me wrong!  I like them, but other than their 1973 to about 1978 era of music, I thought they got lazy and sloppy.  And in the 1980's when songs like "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)", "Love In The elavator", and "Janie's Got A Gun" came out, well, I thought they not only lost their minds but I hated their songs.  It wasn't rock 'n' roll to me and I quit paying any attention to their music.  So needless to say, I wasn't collecting it through the years other than a few old, beginning of the band recordings from 1973 and 1974.

I almost didn't get this Largo 1980 DVD because I knew Joe Perry was not in the band and I recalled this era of Aerosmith being their drug induced days.  Man, I'm glad I went ahead and got it!  This is the best Aerosmith I've ever seen and the songs are tight, rockin', and there's no chit chat wasting time between songs.  They rock on without much talk through the entire show.  I was blown away by how great Joe Perry's replacement is and how much more vibrant and energetic it made the band.  This is definitely (in my book) Aerosmith at their finest before they sold out to whatever it was they started playing in the years to follow.  If I'd named this DVD I would have called it "Aerosmith's Last Stand".

LINEAGE:
TTD > DVD-R > DVD Decrypter > TLH > Dime > me > you

SHOW DETAILS:
Artist: Aerosmith
Date: January 25th, 1980
Location: Landover, Maryland
Venue: Capital Centre

DVD ATTRIBUTES:
Menus: No
Chapters: Yes (every 5 minutes)
Artwork: Yes
DVD Length: 1 hour, 31 minutes, 38 seconds
DVD Size: 3.04 GB

VIDEO ATTRIBUTES:
Format: NTSC
Resolution: 704 x 480
Aspect: 4:3
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Bitrate: 9842 kbps
Codec: MPEG-2

AUDIO ATTRIBUTES:
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Bitrate: 256 kbps
Codec: AC3
Channels: 2
Streams: 1

SETLIST:
01. intro
02. Back In The Saddle
03. Mama Kin
04. I Wanna Know Why
05. Big Ten Inch Record
06. Three Mile Smile
07. Reefer Head Woman
08. Bone To Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy)
09. Walk This Way
10. Dream On
11. Rats In The Cellar
12. Get The Lead out
13. Remember (Walking In The Sand)
14. Lord Of The Thighs
15. Same Old Song And Dance
16. Milk Cow Blues
17. Toys In The Attic
18. Come Together
19. Train Kept A Rollin'

BAND LINE-UP:
Steven Tyler
Jimmy Crespo
Brad Whitford
Joey Kramer
Tom Hamilton

FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/51jgt7t2p265/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/79lu8ywhwmg3/
Part 3 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/t3ipdi0xqdx/
Part 4 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/1vkpqoytqem9/
Part 5 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/36i1qdv8e31r/
Part 6 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/5pqu9qui9sn7/
Part 7 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/606hcq95mrf1/
Part 8 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/6vsqb4zdqtll/

I'm not going to continue knocking down the mid-to-later 1980's Aerosmith I hate so much because I know there are other people who may like this era of their music.  But if you're looking for that style of show and song, you do not want this DVD.  I may upload the 1988 Houston Summit Aerosmith show for you later if that's what you're interested in (a superb quality 5.1 Dolby Digital show too).

I realize nowadays Aerosmith did make some good music even during the years they made what I believe is some of their worse.  But to me, none of it comes close to how great this show is.

Back in July of 1979, guitarist Joe Perry left the band as they took a break during a live concert in Cleveland.  He was eventually replaced by Jimmy Crespo.  The Crespo and Whiford guitar playing in this show is 80% of what makes it so good.  Steven Tyler, the lead singer, collapsed on stage not too long after this show being uploaded and the band, while obviously having a good thing going at the time, was falling apart primarily from drug abuse.  In the years that followed, Joe Perry returned and Aerosmith got their act together (a few more times) and continued on.  But they lost the fire in my opinion that they had between 1973 and this very rare, historic show in 1980 that I'm uploading now.  So you can see why I call this "Aerosmith's Last Stand" because to me it really was!

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment