Monday, August 6, 2012

Led Zeppelin: 1969-01-26 Boston, MA (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Here is an incredible show from Led Zeppelin from a very early Boston show.  This recording is excellent considering it was audience recorded in 1969.

Page's guitar stands out loudly from the beginning and carries on through the show.  And there is great JPJ bass and Bonham drums to the show too.  Plant sounds incredible vocally also.  However, the person recording had to have been more on the "Jimmy Page side" of the venue.  This is one of those shows that you can hear Page above all else, and man, does he play perfectly this night.  He adds a lot of extra guitar to the beginning, middle, and end of most songs.  Plant can be heard quiet well, but when you have a "Communication Breakdown" or heavier song, he gets lost (hearing him) by being covered by the instruments jamming.  I love this show!

LINEAGE:
(1. 1999) CD-R trade >  me
(2. 2012) My CD-R copies > Creator 2010 Pro (to put to PC, name tracks, & convert to FLAC) > Trader's Little Helper > you

Band: Led Zeppelin
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: Boston Tea Party
Date: January 23rd, 1969
Label: Cobra/TMOQ
Title: Killing Floor
CDs: 2
Type: AUD
Artwork: Yes 

Size: 564 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Train Kept A Rollin'
102. I Can't Quit You Baby
103. Killing Floor (including The Lemon Song)
104. Dazed And Confused
105. You Shook Me
106. Communication Breakdown

CD 2:
201. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
202. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
203. Pat's Delight
204.
How Many More Times (medley)

LINK:
1969-01-26 Boston (Cobra/TMOQ)

I downloaded the Ramble On Zep site's artwork for the front and folded center (back side of front) artwork rather than scan mine.  Then, I scanned to image the back artwork I got in my 1999 trade for the show.  The back, even done very well on glossy photo paper, is colored in a way that even people with excellent vision may have a hard time reading parts of it.

Ratings are very subjective, but due to factors besides sound (i.e. a very clean soundboard), considering the time it was recorded and the overall quality and performance, this really should be rated an A++ show altogether (in my opinion).  The A++ rating I'd like to give it is based on how much I love this recording :-)

I don't see that any version of this show exists/did exist by searching Dime.  But if I did miss any other uploads of this date, please let me know and I'll add a contrast clause on Dime.

Anyways, crank this one up and let it play loud.  I promise, you won't regret it.

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr



No comments:

Post a Comment