Thursday, July 19, 2012

Feist: 2007-07-19 Manchester, U.K. (mp3 @ 256k_AUD_1 CD)

Here's one of those rare exceptions I mention in my blog's opening where I add a lossy format (mp3 in this case) show.  The sole reason for doing this is; I don't have a lossless version!  The lineage from the original show recorder's notes shows this was in a lossles format originally (WAV files),  If anyone seeing this does have a lossless quality copy, please contact me.  I'd love to get a copy.

This artist, Feist, has become one of my three favorite artists in recent years.  It was around 2006 when I first saw and heard of her.  I saw her on an HD music channel, on a program called "Beautiful Noise", and liked her.  But it was close to a year later, as I was cleaning up my old satellite DVR, when I realized just how great she was.  I had watched the concert and interview with her before, but as I debated whether or not to delete the show from the DVR or put it to DVD, I watched it again.  Man, am I glad I did.  I instantly knew I had to put this girl to DVD.  And since then, I've become a huge fan of her music.

If you're interested in seeing the program I recorded of her, as well as a few appearances and performances on TV (all but one were HD broadcasts), click on the Feist label at the bottom of this posting and it'll pull up the videos and audio shows of her that I've added so far (and there are many others).  Just download the DVD (created on my stand alone DVD burner hooked to the DVR) titled "Feist: Compilation DVD 1".  It's the very first program on the disc.

When I got this current 2007-07-19 show, it was two 256 kbps mp3 audio files.  I just got finished joining the two clips, tracking the songs, naming everything, adding fade in/outs, and putting it back to the hard drive.  So, after the edits, I also found fan photographs from the show and added them to the show's zipped file too.  The photographs use to be posted on Feist's old website.  I'm glad I grabbed them when I did.

Once I make this posting, I'm going to burn the show to CD.  I've listened to it through PCs before, but not wanting to just add two long tracks and not be able to navigate through the songs on a CD, I never have had it on CD to jam out with.

So thank God it was 5 years ago today that she played this show.  Otherwise, I might have waited another couple of years until I finally got around to doing this :-)

DETAILS:
Artist: Feist
Date: July 19th, 2007
Location: Manchester, U.K.
Venue: Manchester Academy 3
Source: AUD
Format: mp3 @ 256 kbps
CD: 1
Artwork: No (5 photographs from the show included though)
Title: Manchester Live 2007
Size:  131 MB
Lineage: Sony ECM-MS907 > Sony MZ-N710 > WAV > Audacity > MP3 (ouch!!!)

SETLIST:
01. Honey Honey
02. When I Was A Young Girl
03. Feist talking
04. So Sorry
05. My Moon My Man
06. The Park
07. Limit To Your Love
08. I Feel It All
09. Brandy Alexander
10. Phantoms
11. The Water
12. Mushaboom
13. 1, 2, 3, 4
14. crowd (encore)
15 Sealion

There are some funny moments in this concert.  One that stuck out as I was listening and editing the show was a comment Feist made.  It was very hot at the concert and Feist commented on it.  She then said, "The great things is you guys can all go home tonight and listen to this show again since this guy up front is making a bootleg".  The crowd then cheers :-)  It wound up being he wasn't making a bootleg and he had an umbrella she thought was a microphone.  But someone up front was videotaping the show (need to find this one) and she clearly could see that.  It doesn't sound like she cared one way or the other.  You got to love that!  And somebody in the crowd was making and audio recording (we can all thank them for that) obviously too.

FileFactory Mirror Link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/7dozmxlqvz3l/

Enjoy the show...I'm about to again...

Bootradr

No comments:

Post a Comment